Our TT1054 Twin Tank salt softener fits line sizes 3/4" to 1 1/4" and does not inhibit flow rates. The exclusive digital high-efficiency metered valve meets the highest standards to waste less water, use less salts, create less brine discharge, and allows a more even effect of softened water at all times up to 12 gallons per minute (gpm). No other softener on the market is as efficient or made with such high quality standards.
Designed for continuous flow rates up to 12 gpm. The brine tank holds up to 300 lbs. of sodium chloride resin.
Please note that salt softeners do not provide any filtration, and do not remove any chlorine, chloramine, VOCs, etc. (only water filtration units such as the EWS Series or CWL Series provide filtration).
Made in the USA.
WHAT IS A SOFTENER & DOES IT FILTER THE WATER?
A softener uses sodium chloride or potassium chloride (both salts) to remove naturally occurring calcium and magnesium minerals in the water through a process called ion exchange. The minerals are replaced by salt. As a result, there is no hard mineral scale build-up in pipes or on surfaces, however, there are several disadvantages.
One disadvantage is that softened water is corrosive and will eat away at pipes and connections, often voiding warranties for kitchen appliances such as dishwashers and refrigerators, as well as pool equipment and hose bibs. Another disadvantage is that salt softeners and their brine discharge are destructive to the environment, and as a result, are illegal or restricted in many areas in the United States.
Salt softeners are not filtration devices and do not remove any chlorine, chloramine, VOCs, or other contaminants. You will still have chlorine and contaminants in your water, and will need a CWL Series or EWS Series whole home filtration system and/or a EWS reverse osmosis drinking water system at the kitchen sink for your drinking and cooking needs. If you have plants and pets, you will need the reverse osmosis water for their use as well, since plants will not tolerate salt softened water.
WHO IS THIS UNIT FOR?
• Any home with a 3/4" to 1 1/4" water main service line.
• Continuous flow rates up to 12 gpm.
• For those who prefer the "slippery feeling" or other perceived salt softening advantages.
• City water or well water*
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES & BENEFITS?
• The Most Efficient Softeners on the Market: The EWS manufactured salt softeners are some of the best and most efficient softeners on the market, even though we generally advise against their use.
• Healthier Home & Lifestyle: Combine an EWS Series or CWL Series whole home filtration system with a salt softener (on the hot-side only) and enjoy chlorine-free, healthy, filtered water for your entire home or facility, while restricting the harmful side effects of salt softened water. Safe for all uses, including drinking, bathing/showering, pets, plants, pools, spas and plumbing . Safely removes chlorine and chemicals, resulting in healthier water for skin, hair and body.
• Easy to Install & Use: Installs easily like a water heater at the main water supply line to your home. Salt softeners do require a plumbing "loop" or bypass to prevent drinking taps, pools, and plants from using salt softened water. Produces brine discharge. Maintains the flow rate and pressure you are used to. Complete installation information comes with every unit and is available online.
*Well Water Warning: Well water is required to have independent, complete and proper testing of your well water to determine the proper course of action in order to specify the correct system(s).
Note: Any EWS/CWL unit can be combined with EWS softeners (hot-side only) and/or additional EWS sink filtration product based on customer preference or local water conditions.