Steam inhalation is an effective treatment in respiratory conditions and is highly
recommended for treatment of the common cold, sinusitis, bronchitis, allergies
1. Steam relieves inflammation and congestion
of upper respiratory mucous membranes.
2. Steam relieves throat irritation by moistening the air.
3. Steam relieves spasmodic breathing (Asthma, Croup).
4. Steam loosens secretions and stimulates discharge of mucous from the throat and lungs
5. Steam relaxes muscles and relieves coughing.
6. Steam Keep mucous membranes from excessive drying. Hydrotherapy-Simple Treatments For
Common Ailments by Clarence Dail, M.D./Charles Thomas, Ph. D.